I received a message the other day from a reader who commented on how much he liked the Prizm, but because Casio didn’t have any resources to support the learning of the Prizm, he was a little reluctant to try it. My first reaction was “What?!! We have a TON of resources!!” My second reaction was to ask myself why might he think this? I was able to answer my own question when I searched for our resources – the issue being they are a bit hidden among all of Casio’s other products, (which, just so you know, is of course in the process of changing as we create a more user-friendly web-page).
In the meantime, I want you to see the great teacher/student resources we have! Let me share with you the resources we have that supports teachers (and students), from complete subject-specific or grade-specific resource books (i.e. complete lessons), so sample lessons and activities (free), to online course for Prizm (free) to webinars (free). There are teacher-created resources and quick-start guides. Casio WANTS teachers and students to use their calculators and get the help and support they need to use them appropriately.
- Free online activities and sample questions: http://www.casioeducation.com/educators/activities
- These include grade-level activities and specific Casio Prizm-vs-TI 84 activities
- Scrolling down the page you will find sports activities for use with five different calculators
- Keep scrolling to our Quick Start Guides for 6 of our calculators (including Prizm)
- Keep scrolling to Subject-specific Teacher Resource Guides and Calculator Tips
- Scroll further to see all our grade-level and subject-level resource books that contain complete lessons
- If you look at our products page, under Software & Additional Products, you will be able to scroll through all our grade-specific/subject-specific resource books: http://www.casioeducation.com/products/Calculators_%26_Dictionaries/Software_%26_Additional_Products/ED-WKBK-PRECALC
- Here’s a short-link to our Casio Lesson Library (with teacher created activities): http://www.casioeducation.com/lesson_library
- Short-link to Guided tours for the Prizm: http://www.casioeducation.com/resource/prizm/features/index.html
- If you are interested in the Prizm, we have a whole webpage dedicated to Prizm activities and support, which includes lessons, videos, and also has the OS updates. http://www.casioeducation.com/prizm
- We have a free online course for the Prizm (self-paced). If you complete the course, you get the Prizm (fx-CG) emulator software for free. http://www.casioeducation.com/educators/online_training
- Free webinars on many math topics (statistics, geometry, algebra, calculus, etc.)(you do have to register your email to view these, but they are free): http://www.casioeducation.com/educators/webinars
- Links to manuals for specific calculators: http://www.casioeducation.com/support/manuals
- And let’s not forget the videos showing you how-to’s and comparisons! https://www.youtube.com/user/CasioPrizm/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=2 and http://www.casioeducation.com/resource/HTML/edu_videoPage.html
As you can see, we have a ton of support for teachers and students wanting to use and learn-to-use Casio calculators to support their instruction and/or math learning. We hope those of you out there excited to start working with Casio calculators start using these supports. We are educators here at Casio and want you to love the calculators as much as we do!!